7. Silhouettes: This song by Colony House is a perfect pick-me-up song. It’s bright and airy, with lyrics that are just asking to be sung along to. Check out our interview with the band here
6. Last Forever: So summer is long gone, but this feel-good love song will make you feel all warm and fuzzy – even during the few cold days we’ll get this winter. “Last Forever” by Fenech Soler is the perfect song to listen to with a special someone anytime you want to feel the love.
5. Fun in the Sun: Light, earthy and ethereal, “Fun in the Sun” is a beautiful song by Linus Young. The Los Angeles duo, whose real names are shrouded in mystery, have an unearthly sound that they seem to distill into this song. It was also recently featured on KROQ’s Locals Only Playlist.
4. You Haunt Me: Wickedly seductive lyrics? Check. A haunting melody? Check. Beautiful imagery? Check. Unforgettable? Check. Sir Sly has given me chills with “You Haunt Me,” and I’m not the only one too, as it’s been getting frequent radio play.
3. High: I’m very impressed with Young Rising Sons and their song “High.” They are a new band, but has already seemed to have mastered the indie-pop synergetic sound. Though they’ve only released an EP with four songs, I hope to hear more of their music in the future. “High” is catchy as hell and you’ll want to sing (and whistle) along.
2. Burn: Somekindawonderful are a bright and creative band with great songs. One of my favorites off their self-titled debut album is “Burn.” It has a happy melody – that ukulele makes you want to move –, uplifting lyrics and contains one of my favorite lines from them: “Every time I see you, I pucker to kiss you. I know you’ll burn for me babe” -- I’ll burn for you Somekindawonderful. Check out our interview with the band here
1. Jazzercise ’95: My number one spot is unlike all the others on this list. While the aforementioned are sweet, moving or cute, Cherub’s “Jazzercise ‘95” is flashy, crass and downright infectious. Its melody is so funky, and the lyrics are bound to bring a little attitude to your day. Be warned though, the music video/song contains some strong language.